Tristan Holt Barber is here

Tristan Holt Barber is here

Tristan Holt Barber

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Now I'm being difficult!

Hello everyone!

Today, I had my next check-up and lo and behold... a heart beat was heard! I think I scared Holt when I mentioned there may be stirrups involved in my check-up! Ha! But, luckily, there was no undressing, just a review of my blood work and listening to the baby's heartbeat!

First and foremost, the baby is great! BB has a strong heartbeat and appears to be growing just fine! I've gained 1.2 pounds so far and I'm told I can no longer zipper my pants due to bloating and of course, that BB is making it's new home. YOWZA. That freaks me out.

Ok, so here's where I'm difficult....

I have 0- blood type (which I had no idea about but have wondered... and I believe it's the universal blood type and of course I hate needles so I don't give blood - EVER ... *GUILT*). So, in a nutshell...if Holt is any "negative" blood type... then there won't be an issue. If Holt is positive (which I'm sure he is...for drama's sake), then I have to have shots because apparently my blood will try to knock out the baby's blood type..hence hurting the baby. Sooooooooooo, Holt is going to find out his blood type on Friday and then we go from there. Basically, I have to have a shot in week 28 and then a shot after I give birth. Lovely..... It has to be a girl.... drama, drama, drama. Oh wait, that could just be me!!!

Well, the next issue is my white blood cell count. (I know, enough of my blood already)... but it appears my levels are elevated. Dr. Jaffee said this could be because of and old infection and my body is just getting back to normal. So, I'm sending all of my eosinophil info (although that number was fine) and anything they have on my white blood cell count. I'll have to be tested again at my appt. in July. July 24th to be exact.

I believe at this rate, we will find out the sex of the baby the week of August 24th. Yippeee!

So, I guess that's all for now. I'm less and less nauseous daily and am beginning to get my energy back. I LOOOOVE baked potatoes so I'm off to get one for lunch. Hey, it's better than french fries (unless you consider the sour cream!!)

Love you all, the Barbers!

3 comments:

  1. Oy. It MUST be a girl. :-)
    Hang in there chica. None of it is as bad as it sounds. And after this, you won't be afraid of needles any more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girly, would love to see some pictures of you guys on here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, What exciting news! My, things have changed. When I found out I was pregnant, that is all there was to it. No sonogram to find out sex or anything else. Of course that was 41 years ago. I even washed cloth diapers and hung them on the line to dry since there was no clothes dryer either.

    Everything is going to be fine for you and your baby. With all of the technology available these days, just about anything that might go wrong is anticipated and fixed. You are in God's hands and there is no better place to be.

    Again, congratulations. We can't wait to find out if it is a HE or a SHE! Pat Smith - TYPOS

    ReplyDelete