Tristan Holt Barber is here

Tristan Holt Barber is here

Tristan Holt Barber

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, April 25, 2009

So my mom has this friend...

A best friend actually.... her name is Carol Green. I have prayed for Carol for a VERY long time. I have never met her but man oh man...does my mom love her buddy. Anyway, Carol has got through a lot health wise and has always, in my opinion been dealt a very bad hand. This past year my mom called me, ECSTATIC, that Carol was getting a kidney transplant. She had spent every week getting transfusions and this was such a blessing!

Carol is doing very well now and to hear the joy in my mom's voice when I get to hear the great news, it makes my heart smile. Friends do that. I found Carol's daughter on Facebook and we have become e-pals too... it's been pretty fun.

Anyway, Carol sent me a Willow Tree figurine and I LOVE IT.... it actually looks like me (I'm back to being blond again) and although Tristan isn't that big... it looks like Mr. Cheeks with his sandy blond hair. My best friend Tracy gave me one of these when Holt and I got married and it's always been so beautiful to me.... something is so touching about it. Then this one... something inside of me melted because it somehow encompasses a mother's love for her child.








Anyway, I just wanted to show you my newest treasure. Carol, thank YOU for being who you are and for loving my mom they way that you do. Thank you for this gift as well... it's one of those constant reminders of how blessed I am to have this little guy in my life. God is good...
God bless you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment