Tristan Holt Barber is here

Tristan Holt Barber is here

Tristan Holt Barber

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Grandma's House....sort of!

Last night we met with a lady named Karen and we just loved her! She runs Grandma's House Daycare and she's fabulous. We've found a wonderful woman named Bertie to take Tristan in May...and Bertie only takes babies until they are 1 year old... so, that puts her taking Tristan for 6 months.
Karen would be his next stop. She has a full daycare facility in her home and the beauty of it is, she's about 5 miles from our house!! Karen takes 12 kids total that she and her partner handle. Her husband is a saint for having all of these kids in his house, but she's building a new addition so I think that makes a huge difference for all involved!!




Here is the website if you'd like to see: http://www.grandmashousedaycare.com/


Tristan will have weekly Bible studies, he will learn Spanish AND sign language. Karen provides diapers, formula (whichever we choose) and all of his meals - all home cooked! Please Lord, I don't want a picky eater like me!! Plus it's only $20 more per week than Bertie - fabulous!!!
At the moment, there aren't openings but she is hoping that next year there will be for our little guy. She'll start checking into it in January. James and Sue Jones took Grace to Karen for years and now Davis is there happily enjoying his time. If you click on the site, you'll see a photo of Davis in James on the scrolling pictures on the right.
I'm trying not to get too excited, it's all in God's hands and Holt and I both know that He will figure it out, but most of you know, I like to get things set in stone...so this ought to be interesting for me!! It's VERY important to me that Tristan has consistency, and I also want him to be close to home and both Bertie and Karen are so close to our home and I'm thrilled! Karen and her husband also attend our church so that made us VERY happy too!! Means we've all got the same "stuff" going in and the fact that Tristan will be taught weekly is HUGE. His little brain will be a sponge and I can't wait to see what he soaks up!


I am planning on taking 10 weeks maternity and then taking the following 2 months and working Mon-Wed, taking Thurs and Fri off with Tristan so that Holt can have a break and work. I'm also trying to switch my hours to 7:30am-4:30pm so I will miss a bunch of the traffic and be able to get home so Holt can do his thing. YIPPPEEE


So, basically, it's up in the air and I know God will orchestrate all the details. Now it's time to sit back and wait.... I'll need something to do though... hmmmm, maybe I'll go pack my bag for the hospital or better yet... I'll go figure out what T is going to wear to his first day of Kindergarten - ha! I kill myself!
Orca Barber... over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment