Tristan Holt Barber is here

Tristan Holt Barber is here

Tristan Holt Barber

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My sweet, sweet husband....


Well, last night Holt and I went to Borders AND Barnes and Noble... Holt was in search of a surprise. Holt picked up the above book and declared that he wanted to make sure that Tristan knew his voice so he was going to read to Tristan and I EVERY night.
Last night the tradition began and chapter one was all about this vet... saving a calf. WHEW... I was a little scared because quite frankly, a vet has the best and the worst job in my book. For some reason I totally understand and accept the death of humans... but animals... no way, no how. I will BOO stinkin' HOO at a moment's notice.
So, my sweet, sweet husband is on a journey to be known by his son before he even arrives and he's excited. In turn, that makes me happy and my heart melt. Last night as I listened to him read and occasionally speak directly into my belly... I fell in love with him all over again. I'm quite sure that Tristan did too. T loves his daddy.
You are the greatest gift I have ever received Holt Barber. I .. no WE.... love you.

1 comment:

  1. Awww!!! Good job Holty! :)

    I miss you, Julie Barber. Sometimes I pop off a one-liner or make a little joke, and no one here appreciates it or banters with me. :( AND there's no one here to share cokes with. Meaning I HAVE to drink the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete