Tristan Holt Barber is here

Tristan Holt Barber is here

Tristan Holt Barber

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 26, 2009

OUCH!

Well, today we took Tristan to see Dr. Katz, his pediatrician. We LOVE Dr. Katz, he's awesome. Tristan now weighs 8lbs. 7 oz so he is eating well and gaining weight. I could tell by his second chin - ha! He is also appearing to be VERY healthy and happy so we are thrilled! His next appt is in 4 weeks. YAHOOOOOOO

The flu season is upon us so we asked all of the scary questions and explained that we didn't want to be freaky but SAFE. Tristan is fine to be around people and kids... not large crowds or daycare if possible.. but family and friends are fine. One thing though people... gotta stay away from his face and hands. Soooooooooooo, his upper torso is off limits. I understand that this is a blow to you all.. I mean, I can't stand it I kiss him every second but for the next 4 weeks, he'll have to be checked out from a far...or the doc said you can kiss his feet (still a personal favorite of mine, ask my friends.. I have a baby foot fetish!)

T had to get his heel pricked.... yes, I cried... he wailed, I cried. The nurse said she bawled her eyes out with each of her 5 children so I felt a little less ridiculous.

after a thumbs up it was my turn to head to see Dr. Jaffee. well, she wasn't in so I saw Dr. Webster (the other doc who pulled Tristan out during my C-section). They removed my steri-strips and she said my incision looks AWESOME! So she cleared me to get back to life prior to pregnancy in 2 weeks! WUHOOO! 2 weeks early!! YIPPEEEEE. So I have to "listen to my body" but I am thrilled to be ME again!

Of course, my vanity kicked in with questions like: "Can I whiten my teeth", "What about tanning" I would have gone on and on.. but she just kept saying yes so I stopped asking. I also asked if it was HORRIBLE that I popped a vicodin (sp) once a day to deal with the pain of breastfeeding... she laughed and said no. One a day or one when I need it is fine. I only have 4 or 5 left and things are becoming LESS painful (THANK YOU LORD) each day so hopefully today was my last one.

So, in a nutshell, I am back, and will be back fully - well on my way to me in 2 weeks!

Tristan and I do have a sad note to post though... Daddy will be gone tomorrow at 10am for a week. We will have lots and lots of fun together but will be VERY sad to not see him. We pray for many of you each night during feedings and we have been praying that daddy's trip is successful and that he comes home quickly. WE WILL MISS HIM. *SIGH*

I had a few goofy pics to post but I can't get to them, Holt is frantically working on the other computer so I guess you'll have to do with this email just full of yapping. I hear a whimper of a little man.. I bet he wants food. TYPICAL - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah - just kidding. he's like me though, when he wants to eat... feed him... OR ELSE!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment