Tristan Holt Barber is here

Tristan Holt Barber is here

Tristan Holt Barber

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My baby is sick and my computer is too

ugh.... it's been a YUCKY 6 days. Tristan has had VERY bad diarrhea. I tried to just pass it off as nothing at first but then last Friday night I saw blood in his diaper. YUP, I flipped.

So, I called the pediatrician's office and they wanted to see us right away. So, Saturday, first thing, Holt and I took him in to see Dr. Katz's nurse - she rocks. I love her... and she basically said we were A) Smart to come in (WHEW! I don't feel so crazy) B) that babies can get VERY sick VERY quickly from dehydration and that C) he was OK but need to get on Pedialyte ASAP.

So after checking him out, and saying he was still ok... she just sent us home and I guess I felt better. Tristan weighs 11 lbs. 5 oz but I KNOW he weighed more before this all happened. First of all, he's easier to pick up and secondly, he has 2 chins, not 5 anymore. Just breaks my heart. He had 3 or 4 poopy diapers a day and was up to 9 or 10 and they were NOT lookin' pretty.

So, Pedialyte it was... he took a bottle of it just fine and we've given it to him off and on. It's sad though to see him sick and to KNOW that my little guy is suffering. I have been watchin his soft spot like a hawk.... when they are severely dehydrated, this is VERY sunken and if not taken care of babies can die. ugh. Anyway, his was a tiny sunken but some of that is my own fear, who knows if it's a tiny bit sunken NORMALLY. I just freaked.

The nurse said my maternal instincts were correct and that I did the right thing so again, I feel less insane.

My computer died too. thankfully we found a ROCKSTAR techy to fix it and he's cheap! he took it home with him and has had it since Sunday. I can't post any pics until i get my camera hooked up to my laptop so for now... this is what you get.

I have some thank you's and some Tristan pics to post so we'll be back soon. Thanks for all of you that have prayed for the little guy. it's been scary and I've cried but I know he'll be ok in no time flat!

Lord please heal my nugget!! Oh and if you have a spare moment... we ONCE AGAIN have drama around our house in Chicago. Issues with the closing that if they don't get handled today or tomorrow we COULD lose our closing date,then lost our second mortgage approval and potentially lose these buyers. Oh and to top it off, someone kicked our door in and now we have to pay to have that replaced before the house sells. Lovely. Drama, drama, drama... sheesh.

Anyway, all for now.... gotta go change a poopy diaper... praying for it to appear normal. Fingers crossed!

Jul and baby T over and out!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear this! It is so hard I agree to see your baby suffer...we are going through the same thing now with little Caleb in his cast! No fun at all! So thankful these are short term sufferings :)

    ReplyDelete